Albers, Heidi J.
- B.S., Geology and Economics, Duke University, 1985
- M.S., Environmental Studies, Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, 1987, Focus on natural resource economics
- Ph.D., Economics, University of California at Berkeley, 1993, Fields: Natural Resource and Environmental Economics, Development Economics
- FOR 330 - Forest Economics I
- FOR 332 - Risk and Decision-Making for Natural Resource Management
- FOR 599/FS 599 - Ecological and Economic Impact of Non-native Forest Pests and Pathogens. NCEAS-sponsored course. Co-taught with Shaw.
- FOR 599/AREc 599 - Spatial Economics of Natural Resources. Co-taught with Wu and Fisher.
Resource management decisions over time (under uncertainty) and space; public-private land conservation; spatial and rural welfare aspects of (international and domestic) biodiversity conservation; spatial and intertemporal land use management in the face of invasive species; and forest management with risk (fire, disease).
- Robinson, E.J.Z., Albers, H.J., and J.C. Williams. 2008. Spatial and Temporal Aspects of Non-Timber Forest Product Extraction: The Role of Community Resource Management. Journal of Environmental Economics and Management. 56(3):234-245.
- Albers, H.J., Ando, A.W., and M. Batz. 2008. Equilibrium Patterns of Land Conservation: Crowding In/Out, Agglomeration, and Policy. Resources and Energy Economics 30(4):492-508.
- Albers, H.J., Ando, A.W., and X.Chen. 2008. A Spatial-Econometric Analysis of Attraction and Repulsion of Private Conservation by Public Reserves. Journal of Environmental Economics and Management 56(1):33-49.
- Konoshima, M., Montgomery, C.A., Albers, H.J., and J.L. Arthur. 2008. Spatial Endogenous Fire Risk and Efficient Fuel Management and Timber Harvest. Land Economics 84(3):449-468.
- Blackman, A., Albers, H.J., Avalos, B., and L. Crooks. 2008. Land Cover in a Managed Forest Ecosystem: Mexican Shade Coffee. American Journal of Agricultural Economics. 90(1):216-231.
- Albers, H.J., and E.J.Z. Robinson. 2007. Spatial-Temporal Aspects of Cost-benefit Analysis for Park Management: An Example from Khao Yai National Park, Thailand. Journal of Forest Economics 13(2-3):129-150.
- Albers, Heidi J., Goldbach, Michael J., and Daniel Kaffine. 2006. Implications of agricultural policy for species invasion in shifting cultivation systems. Environment and Development Economics 11(4):429-452
- Albers, Heidi J. and Ferraro, Paul. 2006. The Economics of Terrestrial Biodiversity Conservation in Developing Nations. In: Economic Development and Environmental Sustainability: New Policy Options, Ramon Lopez and Michael A. Toman (eds). Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK. 416 pp.
- Mahapatra, Ajay K., Albers, Heidi J. and Robinson, Elizabeth J.Z. 2005. The Impact of NTFP Sales on Rural Households’ Cash Income in India’s Dry Deciduous Forest. Environmental Management 25:3.
- Albers, Heidi J., McNeely, Jeffrey and Faith, Dan, Coordinating Lead Authors. 2005. Biodiversity. Chapter in the Policy and Responses Volume of the Millennium Ecosystem Assessment Report.