- B.S., 1975, Forestry, University of Illinois, Urbana
- M.S., 1977, Resource Conservation, University of Montana, Missoula
- Ph.D., 1983, Rangeland Ecology, Oregon State University, Corvallis
Restoration of native plant communities; fire ecology; ecological and physiological dynamics of plant species.
Restoration of shrub steppe and woodland communities in the Intermountain West; large-scale, integrative research programs; undergraduate education; curriculum development.
- Larson, J. E., Sheley, R. L., Hardegree, S. P., Doescher, P. S., James, J. J. 2014. Seed and seedling traits affecting critical life stage transitions and recruitment outcomes in dryland grasses. Journal of Applied Ecology. doi: 10.1111/1365-2664.12350
- J. McIver, M. Brunson, S. Bunting, J. Chambers, P. Doescher, J. Grace, A. Hulet, D. Johnson, S. Knick, R. Miller, .Pellant, F.Pierson, D. Pyke, B.Rau, K. Rollins, B. Roundy, E. Schupp, R. Tausch, and J. Williams. 2014. A Synopsis of Short-Term Response to Alternative Restoration Treatments in Sagebrush-Steppe: The SageSTEP Project. Rangeland Ecology & Management: September 2014, Vol. 67, No. 5, pp. 584-598.
- B. M. Rau, J. C. Chambers, D.A. Pyke, B. A. Roundy, E. W. Schupp, P. Doescher and T.G. Caldwell. 2014. Soil Resources Influence Vegetation and Response to Fire and Fire-Surrogate Treatments in Sagebrush-Steppe Ecosystems. Rangeland Ecology & Management 67:5, 506-521.
- D. A. Pyke, S.E. Shaff, A. I. Lindgren, E. W. Schupp, P. S. Doescher, J. C. Chambers, J. S. Burnham, and M. M. Huso. 2014. Region-Wide Ecological Responses of Arid Wyoming Big Sagebrush Communities to Fuel Treatments. Rangeland Ecology & Management: September 2014, Vol. 67, No. 5, pp. 455-467.
- Evers, Louisa B., R. F. Miller and P. S. Doescher. 2013. Potential effects of disturbance types and environmental variability on sagebrush-stepped community dynamics. Fire Ecology 9: doi: 10.4996/fireecology.0902057
- Evers, L.B., Miller, R.F., Doescher, P.S., Hemstrom, M., and R.P. Neilson. 2013. Simulating successional trajectories in sagebrush ecosystems under varying management inputs Using a state-and-transition modeling framework. Rangeland Ecology and Management. 66: 313-329.
- Reisner, M., Grace, J., Pyke, D., and P. Doescher. 2013. Conditions favoring Bromus tectorum dominance of endangered sagebrush steppe ecosystems. J. Appl. Ecology. doi: 10.1111/1365-2664.12097
- Buonopane, M., Snider, G., Kerns, B.K., and P. S. Doescher. 2013. Complex restoration challenges: Weeds, seeds, and roads in a forested Wildland Urban Interface. Forest Ecology and Management 295:87-96
- Witwicki, D.L., Doescher, P.S., Pyke, D.A, Perakis, S.S., and N.M. DeCrappeo. 2013. Nitrogen limitation, 15N tracer retention, and growth response in intact and Bromus tectorum-invaded Artemisia tridentata ssp. wyomingensis communities. Oecologia 171:1013-1023
- Mazzola, M. B., K. G. Allcock, J.C. Chambers, R. R. Blank, E. W. Schupp, P.S. Doescher and R.S. Nowak. 2008. Effects of nitrogen availability and cheatgrass competition on the establishment of Vavilov Siberian wheatgrass. Range Ecology and Management 61: 475-484.
- Allcock K., R. Nowak, B. Blank, T. Jones, T. Monaco, P. Doescher, T. Tanaka., D. Ogle, L. St., John, M. Pellant, D. Pyke, V. Satyal, J. Tanaka, E. Schupp, and C. Call. 2006. Integrating weed management and restoration on western rangelands. Ecological Restoration 24:199-200. Invited paper.
- John D. Walstad, Mark D. Reed, Paul S. Doescher, J. Boone Kauffman, Richard F. Miller, Bruce A. Shindler, and John C. Tappeiner. 2003. Wildland Fire Ecology: A new course in distance education. J of Forestry 101:16-20.
- Aaron Liston, Barbara L. Wilson, William.A. Robinson, Paul. S. Doescher, Norman Harris, and Tony Svejcar. 2003. The relative importance of sexual reproduction vs. clonal spread in an aridland bunchgrass. Oecologia 137: 216-225.
- Waichler, W. S., R.F. Miller and P. S. Doescher. 2001. Community characteristics of old-growth juniper woodlands. J. Range Manage. 54:518-527.
- Doescher, P. S. 2001. Technical Note: Early Harvest of Squirreltail Seed. J. Range Manage. 54:197-1999.
- Meays, C.L. , A.S. Laliberte and P. S. Doescher. 2000. Defoliation response of bluebunch wheatgrass and crested wheatgrass: Why we cannot graze these two species in the same manner. Rangelands 22:16-18.
- Goodwin, J. R., P. S. Doescher, L. E. Eddleman and D. B. Zobel. 1999. Persistence of Idaho fescue on degraded sagebrush steppe. J. Range Manage. 52: 187-198.