Courtesy Faculty, Teaching and Extension
316 Richardson Hall
Urban and community forest management
B.S. and M.S. degrees in Natural Resources from The Ohio State University
- FOR 350 - Fall and Winter Quarters
- FOR 455 - Winter Quarter
- FOR 447 - Spring Quarter
- Urban and Community Forestry
- Urban Forest Management
- Hazard Tree Risk Assessment
- Urban Natural Resource Management
- Urban Forestry Leadership Development
- Tree Protection on Construction and Development Sites, Extension Bulletin EM 8994, Oregon State University Extension Service, 2009.
- “The Impact of Statewide Urban Forestry Programs: A Survey of Cities in Oregon, U.S.”, Arboriculture & Urban Forestry Vol. 33, No. 3, May 2007, Pages 168-175 (with A. Scott Reed, and Sarah J. Kresse).
- “Street Tree Maintenance: City Service or Homeowner Responsibility?”, City Trees (42) 4:10-13, 2006.
- “Learning Lessons From Tree Failures”, City Trees (41) 4:24-26, 2005.
- “Applying Leadership Lessons to Urban Forestry”, City Trees (41) 2:14-16, 2005.
- An Urban and Community Forestry Research and Education Agenda for Oregon, (editor), Oregon Department of Forestry, 2002.
- "Arboriculture in Cyberspace", Arborist News, (5) 4:9-12, 1996.
- "Urban Forestry: Managing the Forests Where We Live", Journal of Forestry, (92) 10:6-10, 1994, (with Rita Schoenneman).
- Selecting, Planting, and Caring For A New Tree, Extension Bulletin EC 1359, Oregon State University Extension Service, 1994.
- Seeing the Forests For the Trees: An Oregon Urban Forestry Plan for More Livable Cities, Oregon Urban and Community Forest Council, 1993.
- "Urban Forestry is not an Oxymoron," Journal of Forestry, (89) 11:56, 1991.
- "Preserving the Warder Legacy," American Forests, (95) 7&8:50-52, 1989.
- Ohio's Big Trees, (editor), Ohio Forestry Association, 1989.