Rosenberger, Randall S.
Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies
140 Peavy Hall
- B.A., Philosophy, 1988, Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania
- M.A., Applied Ethics, 1992, Colorado State University
- Ph.D., Agricultural and Resource Economics, 1996, Colorado State University
Non-market valuation, meta-analysis, benefit transfer, recreation economics, environmental and resource economics
- Economic Measures of Environmental Amenities Database: Hedonic Property Method. 2011-2014. USDA Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station; PI: R.S. Rosenberger ($25,000).
- Linking People and Landscapes: Using Public Perceptions of Urban Forestry Services to Create New Management Strategies. 2011-2014. Oregon Department of Forestry; co-PIs: J.F. Tynon, J.W.R. Baur, R.S. Rosenberger ($223,836 external; $432,210 total).
- A Community-based Framework for Identifying, Estimating and Evaluating Ecosystem Services Associated with Oregon’s Proposed Marine Reserves. 2010-2012. Oregon Sea Grant; PIs: R.S. Rosenberger, G.Sylvia, S Heppell, M. Harte ($179,712).
- Oregon SCORP Statewide Survey: 2013-2017 SCORP Resident Participation and Needs Assessment. 2010-2012. Oregon Parks and Recreation Department; PIs: R.S. Rosenberger, K.A. Lindberg ($272,000).
- Ecological Indicator-Based Method for Valuing Marine Ecosystem Services: Phase I Study. 2010-2011. Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife; co-PIs: R.S. Rosenberger, R.J. Johnston, G. Sylvia, S. Heppell, M. Harte ($34,937).
- OPRD Oregon Parks Visitor Survey. 2009-2011. Oregon Parks and Recreation Department; co-PIs: R.S. Rosenberger, M.D. Needham ($28,000).
- Measuring and Monitoring the Economic Effects of Habitat Restoration: A Summary of a NOAA Blue Ribbon Panel (pdf)
- Publication Bias in Recreation Valuation Literature
- Recreation Use Values Database
- Meta-Analysis of Economics Research (MAER) Network
- W2133 Proceedings
- Lauren Bell
- Meidan Bu (co-chair with J. Albers)
- Robert Campbell
- Peter Freeman
- Jacob Gjesdahl
- Zegre, S.J., Needham, M.D., Kruger, L E., & Rosenberger, R.S. Forthcoming. McDonaldization and commercial outdoor recreation and tourism in Alaska. Managing Leisure.
- Kline, J.D, Rosenberger, R.S. and E.M. White. 2011. A National Assessment of Physical Activity in US National Forests. Journal of Forestry 109(6):343-351. PDF
- Johnston, R.J. and R.S. Rosenberger. 2010. Methods, Trends and Controversies in Contemporary Benefit Transfer. Journal of Economic Surveys 24(3):479-510.
- c. Moeltner, K, RJ Johnston, RS Rosenberger and JM Duke. 2009. Benefit transfer from multiple contingent experiments: A flexible two-step model combining individual choice data with community characteristics. American Journal of Agricultural Economics 91(5): 1335-1342.
- Rosenberger, R.S., T. Bergerson and J.D. Kline. 2009. Macro-Linkages between Health and Outdoor Recreation: The Role of Parks and Recreation Providers. Journal of Parks and Recreation Administration 27(3):8-20.
- Rosenberger, R.S. and R.J. Johnston. 2009. Selection Effects in Meta-Analysis and Benefit Transfer: Avoiding Unintended Consequences. Land Economics 85(3):410-428.
- Collins, A.R., R.S. Rosenberger and J.J. Fletcher. 2009. Valuing the restoration of acidic streams in the Appalachian Region: A stated choice method. In H.W. Thurstone, M.T. Heberling and A. Schrecongost (eds.), Environmental Economics for Watershed Restoration. Boca Raton, FL: CRC/Taylor Francis. Pp.29-52.
- Vista, A.B. and R.S. Rosenberger. 2009. If You Provide It, Will They Read It: Response Time Effects in a Choice Experiment. Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics 57:365-377.
- Moeltner, K. and R.S. Rosenberger. 2008. Predicting Resource Policy Outcomes via Meta-Regression: Data Space, Model Space, and the Quest for ‘Optimal Scope’. The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy 8(1):article 31.
- Rosenberger, R.S., M. Sperow and D.B.K. English. 2008. Economies in Transition and Public Land-Use Policy: Discrete Duration Models of Eastern Wilderness Designation. Land Economics 84(2):267-281.
- Brown, R.N.K., R.S. Rosenberger, J.D. Kline, T.E. Hall and M.D. Needham. 2008. Visitor Preferences for Managing Wilderness Recreation after Wildfire. Journal of Forestry 106(1):9-16.
- Collins, A.R. and R.S. Rosenberger. 2007. Protest Adjustments in the Valuation of Watershed Restoration Using Payment Card Data. Agricultural and Resource Economics Review 36(2):321-335.
- Strager, M.P. and R.S. Rosenberger. 2007. Aggregating high priority landscape areas to the parcel level: An easement implementation tool. Journal of Environmental Management 82:290-298.
- Rosenberger, R.S. and T.T. Phipps. 2007. Correspondence and Convergence in Benefit Transfer Accuracy: A Meta-Analytic Review of the Literature. In S. Navrud and R. Ready (eds.), 2007, Environmental Values Transfer: Issues and Methods. Dordrecht, The Netherlands: Kluwer Academic Publishers. Pp.23-43.
- Shrestha, R.K., R.S. Rosenberger and J.B. Loomis. 2007. Benefit Transfer using Meta-Analysis in Recreation Economic Valuation. In S. Navrud and R. Ready (eds.), 2007, Environmental Values Transfer: Issues and Methods. Dordrecht, The Netherlands: Kluwer Academic Publishers. Pp.23-43.
- Rosenberger, R.S. 2007. Social and Economic Issues of Global Climate Change in the Western United States. In L. Joyce, R. Haynes, R. White and R.J. Barbour (tech cords.) Bringing Climate Change into Natural Resource Management: Proceedings. Gen Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-706. Portland, OR: US Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. Pp.67-89.
- Strager, M.P. and R.S. Rosenberger. 2006. Incorporating stakeholder preferences for land conservation: Weights and measures in spatial MCA. Ecological Economics 58:76-92.
- Rosenberger, R.S. and T.D. Stanley. 2006. Measurement, generalization, and publication: Sources of error in benefit transfers and their management. Ecological Economics 60:372-378.
- Loomis, J.B. and R.S. Rosenberger. 2006. Reducing barriers in future benefit transfers: Needed improvements in primary study design and reporting. Ecological Economics 60:343-350.