212 Richardson Hall
- B.A., 1971, California Sate University, Fresno
- Ph.D., 1979, University of California, Berkeley
- Federal Executive Institute, Charlottesville, Virginia, 1988
- Federal Senior Executive Service Candidate Development Program, 1987-88
Wildlife, forest and natural resources conservation, policy and management
- Arha, K, Hal Salwasser, and Gail Achtermann. The Oregon Plan for Salmon and Watersheds: A Perspective. INR Policy Paper 2003-03. 2003 Institute For Natural Resources January 2003
- Salwasser, H. 1999. Ecosystem management: a new perspective for national forests and grasslands. pp 85-96 in 1. Aley, W.R. Burch, B. Conover, and D. Field (eds.) Ecosystem management: adaptive strategies natural resource organizations in the 21st century. Taylor and Francis, Inc. Philadelphia, PA
- Salwasser, H., S.. Morton, and R. Rasker. 1998. The role of wildlands in sustaining communities and economies and vice versa. pp 90-95 in A-E. Watson, G.H. Aplet and J.C. Hendee (compilers) Personal, societal, and Ecological Values of Wilderness: Sixth World Wilderness Congress Proceedings on Research, Management, and Allocation, Volume 1, Bangalore, India. USDA Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station, Proceedings RMRS-P-4, Fort Collins, CO.
- Salwasser, H. 1997. Conserving biodiversity: sustaining the parts and processes of healthy ecosystem. pp 1-13 in N. Baker (ed.) Biodiversity: toward operational definitions, The 1995 Plum Creek Lectures, School of Forestry, The University of Montana-Missoula
- Salwasser, H., J.A- Caplan, C.W. Cartwright, A.T. Doyle, W.B. Kessler, B.G. Marcot, and L. Stritch. 1996. Conserving biodiversity through ecosystem management. in R.C. Szaro and D.W. Johnston (eds.) Biodiversity in managed landscapes. Oxford Univ. Press, NY, pp 548-573.
- Salwasser, H. 1995. Ecosystem management: broadening perspectives on relationships among people, land, and resources. in B. Shelby and S. Arbogast (comp.) 1995 Starker Lectures, Oregon State University, College of Forestry, Corvallis, OR pp 45-68.
- Restoring Federal Forests for Prosperity in the American West. Foresters Forum, Coeur D'Alene, ID. February 9, 2012. PDF
- Restoring Federal Forests in Oregon's Future OR. SAF Meeting, Bend, OR. October 13, 2011. PDF
- Forests in Oregon's Future. Rotary Club of Salem. June 8, 2011. PDF
- Building the Framework of Conservation in America. March 30, 2011. PDF | Draft paper
- Forests for a Richer Future - Sustaining the Quality of Human Life. October 5, 2011. PDF
- Forests and Climate: Keeping Earth a Livable Place. July 2011. PDF
- Forests-Climate Presentation to Oregon Global Warming Commission Forest Committee. July 7, 2011. PDF
- Tree School. PDF
- Building the Framework of Conservation in America. March 30, 2010. PDF | Draft paper
- Testimony on: "Failed Federal Forest Policies: Endangering Jobs, Forests and Species". Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests and Public Lands Field Hearing. U.S. House of Representatives. Colitz Cowlitz County Expo, Longview, WA. May 21, 2012. PDF
- Fall All College Meeting. State of the College 2011-12. September 23.
- Fall All College Meeting. State of the College 2010-11. September 23. PDF
- OSU College of Forestry All College Meeting. OSU Implementation Plan Principles. October 9, 2009. PDF
- Oregon House of Representatives. House Bill 2214 Testimony. March 24, 2009. Salem, OR. PDF