Forest Ecosystems & Society
321 Richardson Hall
B.S ., 1998, University of Wisconsin-Madison
M.S., 2002, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
Communications, Extension and Outreach, Fire
- R. Wolf, C. Berger, J. Creighton, C. Olsen. 2015. Not all fires are wild: Understanding fire and its use as a management tool. EM 9114 6p.
- Berger, C.A., J. McKenna and K.J. Puettmann. 2012. Understory response to repeated thinning in Douglas-fir forests of western Oregon. Journal of Sustainable Forestry 31(6): 589-605.
- Puettmann, K.J. and C.A. Berger. 2006. Development of tree and understory vegetation in young Douglas-fir plantations in western Oregon. Western Journal of Applied Forestry 21(2): 94-101.
- Berger, C.A. and K.J. Puettmann. 2005. Development of stand structure in young Douglas-fir plantations. Pp. 65-68 IN: Balancing Ecosystems Values, Innovative Experiments for Sustainable Forestry. USDA Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station, General Technical Report PNW- 635. 389 p.
- Gilmore, D.W. and C.A. Berger. 2004. White spruce basal area as a predictor of seed rain during an exceptional seed year in northwestern Alberta. Northwest Science 78(1): 75-78.
- Berger, C.A. and D.W. Gilmore. 2003. Germination and survival of spruce seedlings following fire in northwestern Alberta. Northern Journal of Applied Forestry 20(1): 45-47.