Visit the Department
The Department of Forest Ecosystems and Society is located on the third floor of Richardson Hall (RH) on the campus of Oregon State University.
The Peavy and Richardson parking lots are located on the corner of 30th and Washington Way. Visitor parking permits are available in the Forest Ecosystems and Society office in RH 321. Additional parking information can be found on the OSU Parking Services website. For those not driving, Corvallis offers a city-wide transit system, as well as numerous bike lanes & bike paths (pdf) . There is plentiful bike parking around Richardson Hall - covered bike parking is available on the west side of the building and bike racks are situated around Richardson and Peavy Halls.
If traveling on Interstate 5, take the Highway 34 exit which reads "Corvallis / Oregon State University" (exit number 228). Go west on Highway 34 for ~10 miles to Corvallis. You will enter Corvallis on Harrison Avenue. Follow Harrison Ave. ~2.5 miles and turn LEFT on NW 30th Street. Go 4-5 blocks until you are on the Oregon State University campus. Just past the soccer field on your right, you will see the corner of 30th and Jefferson Way. Peavy Hall is ahead on your right and Richardson Hall is the brick building attached to Peavy on Jefferson Way (map).
Oregon State University offers an interactive campus map that allows you to locate any building and personalize the map with a number of features such as bus routes, dining areas, and parking lots.
Corvallis offers many things for visitors to do. Below are a few links to get you started!
- Corvallis tourism - the official tourism website for the city of Corvallis
- McDonald Research Forest - hike within OSU College Forests!
- Corvallis weather - from weather.com
- Farmers' Market - on Wednesdays and Saturdays in Downtown Corvallis
- daVinci Days - a three-day festival in July celebrating art, science, and technology
- Corvallis Fall Festival - An Arts Celebration in September, the weekend before Fall term starts